We looking for people with aphasia to take part in a treatment study. We are looking at transcutaneous Vagus Nerve Stimulation (tVNS) and speech therapy
Now recruiting for Spring 2020. Scheduling initial sessions in December and January.
Participants will receive:
- 1 semester of free speech therapy focused on naming (2x/week, 50min sessions, 11-13 weeks)
To Participate, you must:
- Have aphasia due to stroke
- Be at least 6 months since stroke
- Be age 25-90
- Speak primarily English
- Have no seizure or major cardiac history *Physician’s written clearance may be accepted in some cases*
- Pre-semester, midway and semester-end testing for cognition and language
- Wearing the tVNS earbud for a few minutes each session
- Speech therapy focused on naming at no cost
For more information: hesp.umd.edu/clinic/tvns
A listing in our database should not be viewed as an endorsement for any particular service, program, technology, or group. Read the full disclaimer.