The Chicago Aphasia Network (‘CAN’) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization in Chicago, IL. We strive to inspire our members to lead meaningful, joyful lives. We believe a strong social support network is an important component of living with a disability. All CAN events are free.
Aphasia Support Group
- What: Supportive atmosphere for meeting others affected by aphasia. Share your story, meet people, discuss. Occasional workshops and guest speakers. Free coffee and tea.
- When: Every 1st Saturday, 1:00-2:30pm
- Where: Gill Park Community Center, 825 W Sheridan Rd., Chicago, 60613
- Who: Individuals with aphasia, caregivers, and other family and friends. Caregivers are welcome to come solo.
Aphasia Coffee Chat
- What: Practice speaking in public with a non-judgmental community. This event is led by an individual with aphasia.
- When: Every 3rd Wednesday, 3:00-4:30pm.
- Where: Kitchen Sink Cafe, 1107 W Berwyn Ave, Chicago, 60640
- Who: Individuals with aphasia
A listing in our database should not be viewed as an endorsement for any particular service, program, technology, or group. Read the full disclaimer.