Neurologic Speech Therapy, PLLC provides outpatient neuro speech therapy for adults residing in Ellis County, Texas. We provide in-home care addressing neurogenic conditions, such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease (PD), brain tumor, and traumatic brain injury. We serve individuals residing in Waxahachie, Ennis, Midlothian, Maypearl, Palmer, and other surrounding areas in the county.
Taryn Haralson, founder of Neurologic Speech Therapy, earned her Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of North Texas and has been practicing in the DFW area since graduating. Taryn is certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) and is licensed in Texas.
As a home-based practice, we provide services in the comfort of your home, which eliminates the hassle of traveling to a clinic and allows for more personalized care. Our services include comprehensive evaluations and individualized therapy sessions to address speech, language, cognition, voice, and swallowing difficulties.
After any kind of damage to the brain, individuals commonly experience changes to their speech, language, cognition, voice, and/or swallowing abilities, the technical terms being: dysarthria, aphasia, cognitive-communicative disorders, dysphonia, and dysphagia. Examples of how each of these disorders may present itself are below:
– Dysarthria: weakness or numbness of the face, lips, or tongue; slurred speech
– Aphasia: difficulty “getting the words out,” understanding what others say, or thinking of the words you want to say
– Cognitive-Communicative Disorders: difficulty staying focused on a task, remembering details or events, monitoring emotions, or impulsively acting before thinking
– Dysphonia: abnormally soft, monotonous, or hoarse voice; others may frequently ask you to speak up or unintentionally ignore you
– Dysphagia: frequently getting choked up, coughing, or clearing your throat when eating or drinking; unintentional weight loss
Good news is speech therapy addresses all these changes!
Additionally, we are the only LSVT LOUD provider within 25 miles of Waxahachie. LSVT LOUD is an intensive, four-week program for individuals with Parkinson’s disease, helping them recalibrate their voices so they are better heard and understood.
We’re looking forward to hearing your story and being a part of your recovery journey!
Call or Text: 214-876-9283
A listing in our database should not be viewed as an endorsement for any particular service, program, technology, or group. Read the full disclaimer.